Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Stake R.S. Morningside with Sister Olsen

We had the wonderful opportunity to gather together a Sisters and celebrate The Relief Society birthday.  This year we decided to do a Morningside with a wonderful breakfast and enjoy listening to our guest speaker, Sister Olsen, the San Diego Temple Matron.  I enjoy being a part of the Stake R.S. and being able to mingle with all of the wards in our Stake. 

I have had the opportunity to talk with Sister Olsen on several occasions and enjoy the sweet spirit that she has.  I was the first one to meet her in the hallway as she came in as she gave me a big smile and asked "where have you been?".  It just made me giggle and I felt very loved.  I do miss going to the Temple when I am sick and can't wait to go back.  The incredible feeling of peace and calmness there is always so wonderful.

To prepare for the morningside each one of us in the presidency was to make two or more breakfast casseroles.  So the night before Rob and I got busy.  He is so fun to work with in a kitchen.  He pulled out his Sizzle-Q griddle and went straight to work cooking all the meats and I worked on the rest.  We ended up with 3 huge pans and just enough room in our fridge to hold it all.  It was a lot of food and there was nothing left to bring home to share.  (I did make a small one for us about a week later).

It was a beautiful morning and I truly enjoyed being there with everyone and listening to Sister Olsen.  I especially enjoyed the part of her talk about Mary and Martha.  Sometimes I am Mary and sometimes I am Martha.

No comments: