Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Best Friend

My oven has died several times this year and it costs just as much to fix it as it was to buy it.  Santa and some of his Elves have been working very hard this year and have blessed our family with a wonderful NEW oven.  It is beautiful and so much fun to play with.  It was almost not delivered.  I received a phone call from the delivery truck saying they were at the top of our driveway and were unable to bring it down because of the rain and the truck was to big.  So I called Rob at work and he got hold of a good friend who has a truck and came home for lunch to help get it in.  They had to take it out of the big truck, load it into the little truck and bring it down the hill.  Then they loaded the old one in and took it up the hill.  It was our own oven drama.  But I wasn't about to let them leave with my new toy when it was just at the top of the driveway.
So here it is, a Convection oven and has all kinds of fun options and goodies to play with.  It is a chefs dream oven.  The weather has been kind of crazy but I can't wait to bake a cheesecake in less then an hour in it.  Our family showed up the day after I got it and it was really hard to break away from my kitchen.  Rob's mom called it baking withdrawals, and she was right.  It is funny how something like an oven can make a big difference in things you do and how you eat.  I have been having fun.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I'm sure your new oven has received a warm welcoming to it's new home. It looks very, very nice.