I was looking forward to some sort of Holiday weather for the season, but nothing like this. Rob had left for work at 4:30am and it was raining a little, but not to bad. I decided to put the dogs out at about 8:30am and was surprised at what I saw and heard. It was a rushing waterfall right outside our front door.
It was actually pretty cool to see, and fun to watch. That is till I headed down the stairs to make sure the garage was not flooded.
When I got to the bottom step was when I realized there was no bottom step. In fact I couldn't see the bottom edge of the garage door. The gutter run off drain was buried under 7 inches of mud and water. I stepped down onto the mud and it was so thick that my foot only went down a couple of inches.
I looked up towards the top of the waterfall and saw that there was a rag and a stick that was creating a runoff that would go directly into the garage. So I moved some mud around with my feet and was able to open the side door to the garage to see that it had 3 inches of water already accumulated in it. I opened the garage door and watched it rush out and flow down the driveway.
Rob called while I was down in the water and muck. When I answered the phone my first response was "This is a 911 call HELP!!!!" and then I started laughing. Rob was laughing on the other end as well. He came home on his lunch break to build a couple water deterrents to keep it from going into the garage. Of course Kumori had to help out a little.
After Rob got home from work it was already starting to get dark, but we had to clean up the mud at the bottom of the stairs and in front of the garage. It was deep and very heavy, yet it had to be done for the safety of anyone coming to our home. Especially since Rob's mom and stepdad were going to be coming the next day.
He worked very hard into the late hours and it looked wonderful when he was done. The next day he worked on the garage to help it dry out by taking everything out. Thank goodness most everything is on wheels. It has been an adventure.






No comments:
Post a Comment