A lot of things happened last year that I didn't take the opportunity to write about. So I am hoping to get all written down over the next couple of weeks.
Last year at the end of April I went back to Arkansas to help my mother because she was going through surgeries. I was very grateful for the opportunity to one of my mom and my dad, but as more excited that I got to the home during a beautiful time of the year. I was also very excited right unto us from time with family and friends.
Preparing for the trip was very exciting because I was also planning on going camping in my favorite spot back home at Bull Shoals on the white river.
But I also knew that it was going to be a lot of work to help my parents during my mother's recovery. I was also hoping, or wishing, that my husband would find a way to go with me also. But he had a lot of work and was possibly going to have to travel for work while I was gone. I think the only thing that scared me the most about this trip was leaving Meicko. She was turning 13 this year and she is already showing many signs of old age and the last thing I wanted was for her to pass away with me.
The night before I was going to leave rob and I were the Church taking care of a few things. I went down to the Relief Society room where the sisters were going through a closet. While they were going through it they found a lot of clothing. As we were talking I told them I was going to Joplin on my way home. They gave me several boxes of clothing and other items that could be used by the tornado victims. Needless to say my car was very full for my trip home but I am very grateful that I had the opportunity to deliver the items. The lord always puts us where we need to be even when we don't understand the reasons why.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment