It was a beautiful day and I was excited to take the girls for a ride and run a few errands. I took care of the garden, closed up the house and was ready to head to the car. I opened the gate at the top of the stairs, had both Kumori and Bella sit down at each side of me. They know they can't come downstairs till I am at the car and call their names. They are very good about it. I started down one step and somehow I tripped ( not sure how). I fell face first down all thirteen (13) steeps. My eyes were open the entire time I was going down. It was terrifying to see and feel each stair as my body went over it. I received a blessing last week, I know it was not only to help me get through what was happening at that time but also what was going to happen. In the Blessing I was told "you are not alone and that many love and care for you", which was repeated several times. It was those words that gave me comfort as I fell and found myself at the bottom of the stairs. I laid there screaming, crying and scared with blood dripping from my face. Then I heard a voice tell me you're ok, you need to get up, go back upstairs clean yourself up get ice on your face and call for help. Now, get up..1..2..3. I remember saying ok Becca help me up. I got up, got upstairs, washed my face ( I didn't look at it) reset my finger that was out of joint, then sat on the edge of my bed and called someone for help, and then called my sweet Rob (who is in Hawai'i working). Next thing I knew Donny Hunt showed up, then Katie Johnston who then called her husband, Ian, to come and help give me a Blessing before going to the hospital. I know that because of this Blessing I am better than I could have been. Donny checked me over to make sure I didn't have a concussion and to asses what was broken. He then made sure to get my rings off before my hands swelled up so that they wouldn't be cut off. I am so glad he did, my wedding ring is very important to me, especially since Rob isn't home right now. Donny is like a brother who is always there when you need him.
Katie then took me to Urgent Care and they sent me to the E.R. I am so grateful Katie was with me. She has such a sweet Spirit and so loving. She helped keep me calm when I was very scared. Even though I really hurt we laughed and every now and then cried when they poked and prodded. She brought great comfort and love as we waited to find out what was broken. I talked a lot about Becca because I could feel her close. I know she helped me get back up those stairs. Surprisingly all I broke was my pinky finger, put several gashes in my face, and I am covered in bruises everywhere. I am grateful that is all that happened. It could have been so much worse.
I took these pictures on the second day after some of the bruises started to show up.
Surprised my ring didn't really have any scratches on it. But I won't be wearing it for a while.
It bruised my hand from one side all the way through to other side.
My right hand is also very bruised and sore. The skin on the top was torn off and is very swollen. To the point that grabbing things is very hard.It bruised my upper eyelid as well and my left ear was also really hurting. My upper lip was also very bruised and swollen. It's been 5 days and I still have a headache from my head bouncing around and hitting the concrete.
I have a total of 19 bruises all from the size of a nickel to the size of my hand stretched out. The first day wasn't to bad, but the next several have really hurt and have continued to do so.
I am very proud of my puppies who not only stayed upstairs after I fell, but also stayed out of the way while others were trying to help. How I hate stairs!!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment