Every Thursday I wake up at about 4:30am and get all dressed up and head out to see my family. They are not family by blood or marriage, but by Spirit and Heart. I am a Temple Ordinance Worker on the Thursday morning shift in the San Diego Temple. I have the privilege of working with some wonderful Brothers and Sisters. I truly enjoy my time there and being able to enjoy everyone who comes to the Temple. A week ago I was running around trying to find my coordinator so she could let me know if there was anything else she needed me to do and as I turned around there was Sister Olsen, the Temple Matron. She looked at me with such love and said "Where have you been hiding yourself". My first response was "every where I was supposed to be". She just smiled and gave me a BIG warm hug and looked into my eyes again and said "I have missed you". I haven't really spent a lot of time with her, but apparently the few times we have been able to talk one on one made an impression on her. I have been thinking about that a lot lately and it has meant the world to me when she took that brief few moments to let me know that she missed me. I could feel the Lords Love so strongly at that moment and every moment since then as I think about it.
I believe, and wonder, if that is how someone feels when they return home to our Heavenly Father and he says "I have missed you". It is a very warm and loving feeling that I will never forget.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment