Thursday, September 23, 2010

A PERFECT Celebration

This was the perfect celebration. For the last 12 years I have not really wanted to celebrate my birthday.  Not because of my age, or not caring about it, but because of grieving the loss of my grandmother on my birthday, and many other horrible things that happened on that day in different years.  So I didn't care about celebrating that day, until this year.

This year I turned 40!  This year I wanted a party, and I got the PERFECT party.
My sweet loving wonderful husband started planning it a month or so ahead and he did such a marvelous job.  There were so many other great friends that contributed to the cause in so many different ways.
It all started with breakfast in the car on the way to the foster care orientation to getting home and waiting to leave at 2:15.  Apparently we couldn't go anywhere till then.  Then came the ominous phone call and we were out the door.  I thought at first we were headed to the beach, but we we ended up at Dave and Dee Dee's for a huge surprise pool party.  It was AWESOME !!!  There were so many friends and people that I just really enjoy being around and spending time with.  What a great day.  Thank You to everyone, especially my incredible husband ROB!!! 

No comments: