Thursday, October 28, 2010

Disneyland and My Sweetheart!!

YEHAW!!!!!!
Rob and I finally made it to Disneyland!  We did a service project at the beginning of the year called "Give a Day, Get a Day".  After doing the simple service we received tickets to Disneyland.  We have tried a couple times to go, but something always came up and we were unable to, until October 18th.  We almost didn't get to go then because of an out of town job that Rob was supposed to go on, but it was moved till later.  We went the night before and stayed at the Hilton on the top floor over looking Disneyland.  It was really cool.  For diner we went to "Tortilla Jo's".  Both of us were very hungry and it was very good.  The plates were so big that neither one of us were able to finish.  For desert I got biegnets to take back to the hotel (mine are better).  It was fun to walk around and see everything and to feel the buzz of the atmosphere.  They only have fireworks on the weekend so we would miss them all together.  But because we took the shuttle from the hotel we had to wait for it to go back.  It was perfect we got to see almost the entire show from the parking lot.  We didn't get to see all the fun stuff that goes on in the park (which I would have loved to see), but we did get to go wow, eewwww, ahhhhh and really enjoy it.
We got into the park and walked around a little while deciding where we were going to go first.  I had a real hard time deciding which direction to go and I was unable to go on some of the rides because of some health issues.  Yet I have an incredible husband who was willing to do anything.  I sure do LOVE him.  One of the things that they do at the park is something called "Pin Trading".  Rob bought me a starter kit and that was it I was hooked.  I wanted to trade all the pins he got me before we went home, and I was successful.  Who ever came up with this was a genius.  It became a game for Rob and I to find people I could trade with.
I have a thing for cowboy hats.  I have 2 that I really like and we went into a store and I asked Rob to try one on.  after that he tried on a couple more.  He looks GOOOOOD in a hat!  He looks like the cowboy I dreamed of him being.  When he wears it at home my heart melts.  
We met up with Donny and the girls while Becky was at a funeral and ran around with them a little till Becky got there.  I am very glad that we finally got together to do it.  I think Rob enjoyed it more as well.  The girls kept asking me about my pins and before the night was over they were hooked too.  It was fun, but I don't think I would buy a year pass to do this.  It was something that I really wanted to do and am glad we were able to finally do. 
YEHAW!!!! 
These are my pins for now (SMILE)

No comments: