As a Birthday gift my sweet Rob really surprised me. I had talked about wanting to go to another "Time Out for Women". The last one I went to was a few years ago with my Mom in Oklahoma City. I know that he listens to me when I am just talking to him, but now I know that he sometimes listens to me when I am just rambling on. He had actually been planning this for about a year. He got tickets for me to go to "Time Out for Women" in Los Vegas. I could hardly wait.
I was in need of that extra Spiritual life that I knew I would receive being there amongst all those women. It started with fun car trip with two good friends Dee Dee and Sandra. We stayed at the Los Vegas Hilton with a view of the Strip. It was a nice room and the beds were comfortable.
Friday night was the first part of the Conference. I was so excited to get there that my tension of possibly being late was felt in the car. I just knew how much I was going to enjoy this evening and didn't want to miss a thing. We got there just as it started. The presenters were Ardeth Kapp, John Bytheway, and music by Dallyn Vail Bayles. I really enjoyed both speakers. Ardeth kapp spoke about many things that I was really needing to hear. She spoke to my heart. I was really taken when she had said that she didn't know why, but there was someone who was needing to hear what she would normally not talk about. She was right, because I really did. John Bytheway of course was his funny self.
Afterwards we headed down the strip. We stoped Serendipity 3 to grab something to eat. Started with some really good onion rings with parmesan cheese and then it was time for ice cream (I was on vacation). Sandra and Dee Dee shared a chocolate dream and I got the strawberry cheesecake surprise myself. We could have gotten one to share between us and still not finish it. They were HUGE!
On Saturday the conference started Linda Eyre & Shawni Eyre Pothier. They gave many wonderful points and interesting ideas about motherhood. Brad Wilcox talked on by grace we are saved. I enjoyed the different aspects and way to look at things. Jill Manning was good. Mariama Kallon spoke of such courage and strength and Faith and trust in Our Heavenly Father. Kris Belcher was one of my favorites. I was able to really relate with her and the many things that she has gone through in her life. She had me laughing one second and then crying the next. Some of the things that she said made so much sense. Mercy River was the group who sang for this conference and they were awesome. For one of the songs they sang they had everyone sing with them. "Nearer, My God to Thee" has never felt more incredible and overwhelming especially when over 2,000 women are singing it.
One of my favorite things that was said was something that Kris Belcher said. That when people say "the Lord won't give you more than you can handle", it is a lie. The Lord will give you more than you can handle. If He only gives what you can handle why would you need to ask Him for help? That is so true.
It was a very nice weekend, and I am so grateful for a wonderful husband who made it possible.
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment