Thursday, January 27, 2011

Christmas and Family

This year we were very Blessed to have family come out for Christmas.  It was Rob's mom and step-dad.  I was so excited to have them come and spend some time with us. 
I truly enjoy watching people open up gifts more than receiving them.  Just to watch their faces brighten up with surprise at what they have in their hands.
The pink blanket (Rob says it's a shade of red) was one of my favorite one's to give him.  It was his since he was a very young boy and over the many years it became very worn and the holes were so big that anyone else would have thrown it away.  He even took it home on vacation to see if his mom's could fix it.  So this year I fixed it as best as I could, at least the biggest hole is gone.  Yes, he still sleeps with it, especially when he is sick.  He calls it his healing blanky.
It was so relaxing to have mom and dad here with us, even though it was only a week.  We put together 2 puzzles, cooked an awesome Christmas dinner, relaxed by the fireplace and go sight seeing.  Both the dogs also enjoyed having them here.  Meicko came out and spent a lot of time with everyone.
The Monday after Christmas friends got together for a special Family Home Evening and shared their talents.  It was a fun evening as well, and I got two bags of the famous Chocolate Popcorn whoo hoo!

No comments: