Wednesday, February 9, 2011
I Can't See
It is amazing how much I depend on being able to see. Yesterday I had a really bad migraine, one so bad that I even two shots couldn't kick it. So I was very grateful when I woke up this morning and the migraine was gone. That is until I put my glasses and they broke. I usually keep one or two old pair around just in case this would happen but a few months ago my sweet Rob ran over the spare pair with his motorcycle (it was not his fault). Leaving me with a pair of prescription sunglasses that are 6years old and a pair of prescription reading glasses that I can only see 3 feet in front of my face with. Today was the day to work on stuff for R.S. and my head was really starting to hurt before I even started. Letters looking weird and colors not blending well. But I persevered with two other wonderful ladies and got the projects started. I then headed over to Wal-Mart to see how much and how long it was going to take to get a new pair of glasses, 7-10days. My migraine getting worse and the frustration of it costing anywhere from $250-$400 is was done. So I came home and searched everywhere just in case I did have something I could use. I found 2 pairs of contacts that were about 5years old. I put one set in and I can't really see clearly, but it is definitely better than not being able to see at all. Forget about lip reading, that is impossible. Good thing I don't have any meetings right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment