Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Good Friends.. Good Food.. Good Fun..
Today was an interesting one. Since I have received my new calling as Stake Relief Society Secretary I have spent only one full Sunday with my sweet Rob in our Ward together, and actually I had missed three Sundays before that because of being very sick. So I was looking forward to spending time with him. During Sunday School I had the opportunity to sit in the Chapel and talk with a friend I hadn't talked to in a while. After Church I had a meeting with the Stake R.S. Pres., Jennie, and we were scheduled to have an early dinner with our friends the Judd's. I had also put on my list to take over some box tops to my friend Jenn for her kids between my meeting and dinner. This is how it was supposed to go, yet it didn't and the results ended up in a much needed fun evening with friends. Here is how it went as follows: Got home from Choir practice, ate a quick peanut butter and honey sandwich, gave attention to the dogs, got ready for meeting. Jennie came and we had a productive meeting and some very much needed discussions that were very insightful resulting in my discovery of Hormonal Irrational behavior and my new phrase "Bring it on...Baby!". I was not watching the clock like I normally would and did not pay attention to the few times my husband walked into the room trying to give me hints that we were going to be late. So we were 45min late to dinner. Luckily our friends are very loving and understanding. After a good dinner and a quick Home Teaching lesson we were kicked out the door (SMILE) so they could get to their last birthing class. We then headed over to Jenn's to drop off the box tops for the kids and were invited to stay and enjoy the guacamole, looking at the moon, laughing and good conversation. It really was nice to watch the kids play and for both Jenn's and Becky's kids wanting to get my attention to show off what ever they were doing, and that meant the world to me. We got home and enjoyed taking time to just rest and smile about all that had happened for the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm still sore from that Dodgeball game! It was good to spend time with you guys!
Post a Comment