I got a phone call the other day and found out that my mom was going to need 3 different major surgeries. Two of which were going to be done at the same time. My first thought was "I need to be back home to help my parents". My second thought was "There is no way financially I can go home". It is very hard, in so many ways, to be so far from my parents when they need help with something or when there are different things happening with Rob's and my family being 26 hours away. We can't just pick up and go. With money being so tight I wasn't sure how we were going to make it home and back. Then we received a wonderful miracle. Rob and I have been trying to get a business going with my different cheesecakes, but it's not really taking off like we would like. The day after we found out that I needed to go home we received two orders of cheesecakes. After that my kitchen became very busy, and I was loving it. I had orders coming in up to two days before I needed to leave, and no orders till I got back. With all those orders we made enough money to help us get there and back. I am so grateful for the blessings that we receive.
I drove back home by myself and it was a nice drive. I have driven across the country over 20 times and most of the time I was by myself and usually had one of my dogs with me. One of the things I enjoy about it is being able to see the beautiful country side. Yet my favorite thing is to take this time to talk openly with my Heavenly Father and to listen to the answers I have questions too. I talk to Him all the time in prayers and just talking out loud when I am home alone, but when I am driving on a long road by myself there are very few distractions and my listening skills are improved. The drive was long, yet it went by very quickly. When I started to drive up our long beautiful driveway with all the green trees and beautiful flowers I felt this warm fuzzy feeling and this little voice saying "welcome home"
Monday, October 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment