Thursday, September 17, 2009

Primary Program "HURRAY"!!!!

It was finally here, The Primary Program. I woke up earlier than normal with butterflies in my stomach. These precious children have been working so hard for so long, and today was the day to shine. SHINE, they GLOWED!

They all seemed nervous at first, but after a few songs they were ready. Kaylee sang a beautiful solo to get us started. She had her eyes peered right at me, and she sang so beautifully. The Sunbeams were shy, but you could see the desire and spirit they had. JJ said his part even though no one could hear him. I was very impressed with the 7/8 year old class. There were microphone difficulties, but that didn't stop them. They read their parts and kept on going, instead of making a big stink about it. Some of them even spoke louder. Kiani played the piano and did a wonderful job. The activity girls signed the last verse of "I know that my Redeemer lives". They did so good. The last two songs our younger classes decided to make sure everyone could hear them, and we did. The last song was "Jesus want me for a Sunbeam". Most of the kids signed the song. I tried very hard to hide my tears through the entire program, but it was very hard. The Spirit was pouring off that podium in the Testimonial Voices of these Precious Children. What a blessing they are.

During primary time we took it easy and enjoyed a lesson from Jenn, a few doughnuts and a lot of smiles. The Primary Presidency gave Athena and I these beautiful gifts. I appreciate that we have such a great sister to play the piano for us. Athena does such a wonderful job keeping up with me and watching my craziness. Jenn, Becky, Debbie, Kim, Athena I LOVE YOU all.

This is my Birthday candle and I wore it till I went home.
As for the scary part of Primary. I played a game with the kids one Sunday and told them that if they won I had to sing a song all by myself. I don't remember what they had to do if I won, only because they won. Sooooooo, I had to sing. I sang the song of their request "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". I was so nervous. I had to sing it by myself and all four verses. So I sat down on my box and did just that. My tone was off, I did it in the wrong register, and when I looked up at the kids I would start to cry. But I did it.



I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father trusts me with the teaching of music, and His love for it to the Children. I pray they will remember the songs or at least the feeling they receive when they hear, sing, or feel them.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Always a relief when the program is all done! My baby is dancing to your music as I write this. :)

Rob n Katie' said...

Kimberlee Zorad---Congrats! I know you must have worked very hard. I leave for the beach tomorrow!!! Yippee!

Josephine Tamanalevu---it was awesome katie, u did great and so did them.i just wish i record their the singing part lol....