Thursday, September 17, 2009
Popcorn Popping...OUCH!!!!
I needed to do something for the Primary kids for all the hard work they did for the Program they were going to be doing. So I brain stormed with Debbie and decided to do Carmel Popcorn Balls for them. For the last month we have been kind of playing with the song and changing a few of the words around to make it a little more interesting and fun for them and me. Such as changing instead of "popcorn popping off the apricot tree" we sang "Chocolate cookies popping off the rocket tree". They came up with some very creative things. Well Debbie and I started to make the carmel. My themometor was broken and it really makes a difference. It cooked to long and after it was poured onto the popcorn it burned our fingers. It was very disappointing. But I had a lot of fun working with Debbie on it. So we decided to make cookies instead. that diddn't work out either. it was like everything I tried that night was going to fail. Sooooo after much encouragement from Rob to just give them boughten cookies I sent him to the store to get them. Before Debbie went home we made little cards to stick in the cookie bags that read "I looked at the stage and what did I see, Angel voices singing back at me". It was a long night, but well worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My favorite part was just hanging out with you guys without my kids...at NIGHT! The nachos were my other favorite part. :) Getting burned was not so fun, but the process was, if that makes any sense!
Post a Comment