Friday, November 20, 2009

OH CRAP!!! It is a RAT!!!!

I don't have a picture or any cute story for this one, except I did jump in my chair.

Rob and I took the dogs to go run a few errands last night and came home to a nice quiet house. Rob went to work on his computer at the table and I on mine in the chair. Then all of a sudden Kumori started acting real funny and sniffing like crazy at the couch. She would run from one end to the other. I called it to Rob's attention and he moved a few things around and then pulled the couch away from the wall. As soon as he did Kumori ran around the back and a huge Rat....not a small one....a HUGE RAT....came running around the front of the couch (I jumped 4 feet into my chair) as it headed straight for the porch! Kumori took off after the RAT and Rob went running after her. He quickly closed the sliding glass doors behind him and He and Kumori started chasing this RAT all over the porch. Which I have to say was kind of funny watching them scurry and moving things around. Rob would yell out "Kumori over here, get it" and she would go running. She could be a good huttin' dog. While they were chasing it it went running across the porch and took a flying leap off this 12 foot high porch. We didn't see it this morning and have no clue where it went after it jumped.


Now I can handle spiders, snakes, bugs, moths, but I can't stand mice and I more than HATE RATS!!!!!

Needless to say I was freaking out for about 30min. Kumori was all keyed up and Rob was very casual about the situation. I'm thinking it's time to pull out the pea shooters and start killing me some rodents! and no..they don't count as road kill, and aren't good eatin'. (this is for all the girls from the other night)

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Weren't we just talking about mice and rats that very night??? Whoa! Talk about an active evening! I don't think I would have ever left the couch if I was you.

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Hahahahahahahaha...and YIKES!!! That story is HILARIOUSLY frightening! Way to go Kumori!!!!

Rob n Katie' said...

Melanie Crockett Holdaway said... Thanks for the laugh! I got some pretty good visuals even without pics!!