11-01-09
Today was a very emotional for me. I was released as the Primary Chorister. I have come to adore the children and the the other leaders and teachers. I have known for a week that this was going to happen, but I was not prepared for it. Rob had to leave this morning for Everett, Washington, so I was on my own. I knew it was going to be emotionally hard for me, yet I was not prepared for how much. I sat in Sacrament as they finally said the words of being released and then it hit me, I was no longer going to stand in front of these wonderful kids and sing with them. I knew that they touched my life, but I didn't know how much till right then. Most of the day was a blur. I do remember standing in front of them during my last Singing Time and not wanting it to be over, which is probably why we went over in our time.
I know that while I was in this calling I learned so much that I could not have learned anywhere else. I also know that it was time for it to happen for our family.
I was also called today to be the Relief Society Secretary. I look forward to working with the Sisters in Relief Society. I know that it is where I am to be and the things that I am to learn will come. I do Love the sisters in this ward and now have the opportunity to get to know them.
I am grateful and comforted in knowing that My Heavenly Father KNOWS where I am to be and I can trust in that. I KNOW He LOVES me and my family.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Cherri White---I am sorry you are feeling down for this. I understand the feelings you are having. Keep your chin up, you will have a new adventure.
Craig H Boothe---I'm sorry Katie.. good things will come... promise
Valerie Cook---It is tough when you are released from a calling you love. Something wonderful is coming since you have served the Lord with complete love and devotion.
Diana Admire---Katie- I so understand this-endning is hard - I too was asked to not volunteer any loger at the soup kitchen= That hurt= but I had a feeling it was no longer my calling- What is next I do not know- At least you have another place already= You will be great at it and I am sure a blessing to you and for you-love=sis Di
Vicki BootheMy favorite calling also.
Oh Ms Katie, how we love you!!! Azure was sooooooooooooo sad to see you leave but after I assured her that you would still be at church and still be her friend she was much better! :) You did such an amazing job and I know that you will continue to do AWESOME in your new calling! LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment