Monday, November 16, 2009

The Sprite Incident

I don't need the Three Stooges I have a Rob. I just got home from the dentist so I am numb, sore and trying to relax in the living room when all of a sudden there is a yell followed by "OH NOOOOO"!!!!! from the kitchen. I ran in to find a very sad face as he pointed to the cupboard, microwave, stove, wall, ceiling and floor. Every once in a while a brilliant idea isn't so brilliant.

Here is what happened: He decided to cut away the plastic covering from a flat of 32 Sprite cans with a knife. Not just any knife, my very sharp Chefs knife.

Did you know that it only takes one 8oz can of Sprite (not diet Sprite) to cover one entire side of our kitchen and that one small cut, 1/2inch cut, can cause it to shoot a very sticky liquid at least 4 feet???

Can you start to see where I am going with this?

Yep, there was Sprite everywhere. All over the ceiling, cupboards, the microwave, stove, the counters (and everything on the counters) and of course the floor. It was stickiness madness. I looked over at my sweet husband, who had the Innocent face of a two year plastered on it who just realized what he had done, put my arms around him and tried very hard not giggle. I only wish I had my video camera to have captured it while it was happening. It was a definite Funny home video moment. Good thing the dogs weren't in there, that would have been even funnier.

So while Rob is in the kitchen trying to clean it all up, I on my computer trying to catch the moment. I would be in there helping him, but I couldn't keep from laughing. He definitely knows how to keep humor in our Home.

It didn't take him very long to clean it all up, and of course to make him feel better he got a kiss-n-hug and then went to play his new "Call of Duty" game. He is such a good guy, and I am still laughing.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Yes. Definitely a Family Home Videos moment! It makes it tempting to put up a surveillance camera in the kitchen that is constantly rolling so you can capture moments like this.