Monday, May 17, 2010

Girl time and a game

We invited two wonderful families over to the house yesterday to have dinner and play a game of ping pong.  It was a great time to sit and eat with some friends and just talk.  Both of these families have a husband, father, that are gone for a few months because of the Navy.  Rob and I enjoy having people over and playing games.  Today it was time for us to play and not worry about kids or husbands or anything else.
Kim had a few good moves.
Candi had good form
And I knew how to concentrate, check out the puckered lips.
Of course the kids came a long too.  The littlest ones of the group really enjoyed the porch chair swings.
When Candi, Kim, and I headed downstairs we left the kids upstairs with Rob.  I feel a little guilty about doing that.  When we headed downstairs the younger kids started to cry and wanted mommy.  Poor Rob had to quit his x-box game and deal with crying kids.  What better way to do this then to put them in a bedroom with a BIG bed.  Some how that fixed everything.  They dragged all the pillows (16 of them) and some of the blankets from the other room into our bedroom.  They jumped up and down on the bed, made a tent, and had a portend sleep over.  They had fun running through the house and giggling at Rob while he did the dishes and cleaned up everything.  He is so wonderful and I love him very much for letting us three women have that time.  The night ended with brownies and kids not wanting to go home.  I LOVE IT!!!!

2 comments:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Thanks so much for the invite! We had the best time! Love you!

Candi said...

It was awesome! Thanks again, we had a lot of fun!!!