Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Helping Hands

May 8

LDS members of California were all brought together on Saturday for "The Mormon Helping Hands".  Our stake was to help work at the Sweetwater Regional Park.  There was an Eagle Scout project to dig post holes for the signs along the road, Horse shoe pit, painting the roads and parking areas and basic clean up.
I worked on digging post holes.  I actually dug 2 of them by myself.  I worked with Sister Alcantara on the one she was doing.  It was a lot of fun and a lot of good work.  The boy in the picture above is Daniel and it was his Eagle Scout project.  Alma and Alyssa Soto are also in the picture.  It was really good to see them there.
In the picture above you can see me digging a hole.  It wasn't really that hard.  I was grateful for the shade and the breeze that was there.  There was a really good turn out.  We were served lunch and plenty of water.  It was really nice to sit with those from our ward and talk about different things.  I enjoy being a part of something like this.  Not only because it is a service I can do, but because I was there with people I enjoy talking to.

No comments: