Of course there had to be games and good meals to enjoy while they were here. We asked Drew what he wanted for dinner the first night they were going to be here. He told me he wanted ,Sticky Rice and my Yummy Ribs. He remembered how good it was the last time we made it for them when they came out two years ago. "Thank you Debbie and Thavee for introducing us to Sticky Rice". So of course that is what I made. While we were in the kitchen finishing up getting dinner on the table there was a huge crash and things falling down on top of me. Needless to say I did scream and tensed up real tight. I thought it was a n earthquake, a gun shot or something really bad. It was something pretty bad. My shelf over the sink fell off the wall. It about scared the life out of me. Most of my beautiful vases came crashing down and hitting the counter breaking before they hit the floor. It was a mess!! Thank goodness all the food was either covered up or already on the table. Of course after dinner we started playing games

On saturday I needed to work on some things for the Stake that had to be done by that afternoon and be ready for Sunday. So while I was doing that Rob and the kids went down to see seal beach and then went to check out some tide pools that Jenn Hurdsman told me about. Thank you Jenn! When I was done I gave them a call just in time for them to be driving back to the house.
Our family LOVES LOVES LOVES to play games togther. So we started with Farkle and then played Uno Attack and then of course Monopoly. While we were playing Monopoly it got down to Becky and I, yet it seemed like we were just doing what the boys were wanting us to do. They are very competitive with this game. In the end Becky won it all. We then went to dinner at "Miguels", which was pretty good. Definitely more food than we could handle, mostly because we had plenty of the free cheese dip. Thanks Gina and Ryan for showing us this place. I Love their fish tacos.
Becky kissing the pig outside of Miguel's (she loves pigs)
After dinner we headed over to Coronado to look at the ocean and the city from a different view. It was a very nice evening that we really enjoyed spending with our kids. We got home and we were tired. We played another game and then headed to bed.
Yes!!! they are playing with John Deere Tractors!!!
Sunday is usually a busy day for our home. Rob and I both have responsibilities on Sunday that keep us going all day. But today was different. Rob got out of his Ward Council meeting and I got out of my Stake Relief Society Meeting, as well as teaching the Lemon Grove Ward Relief Society. We have had family out this way before and they always go to Sacrament meeting with us, but this Sunday Becky went with me to Relief Society, and it was a treat for me to have her there with me. Drew went with his dad to Priesthood Meeting and even got to help with Rob's lesson. During R.S. Rob came in and sang a beautiful song (that is still stuck in his head). Then we went on to Sacrament Meeting. As we sat there I couldn't help but get the giggles as the two of them would pop each other with a rubberband. There are times that something like that would really bother me, but I couldn't help but giggle. I love these two kids. I was just very grateful that they came and sat with us for all three (this Sunday two) meetings. It's really long for people who aren't use to it. We went home and the kids finished packing up their stuff and we were able to sit and talk with them for about 20min before they had to head back to Arizona. I couldn't have asked for a better son then Drew, he always makes me smile and laugh. It is a very special quality he has, just like his dad. Becky is the sweetest and most loving daughter (there are no in-laws in my family). She definitely makes up the better half in this family tree, and is a blessing in our lives.








2 comments:
Looks like a great weekend! Glad they enjoyed the tidepools :)
I am glad you were able to spend some time with Drew and Becky. It looked/sounded like a whole lot of fun!! (Minus the shelf crashing down part) :-)
Post a Comment