I have been doing Singing Sharing time for over a year now and I have to say that today was very special to me. This year is focused on Eternal Families. We have been singing about them for 8 months. Next month we have the Special Primary Program in Sacrament Meeting. These wonderful children have been working so very hard and it shows.
Today we played a game called "Stump the Chorister". I gave each class a song and they had to come up with a question to ask me. If I guessed it right they had to sing it, and I got a point. If I guessed it wrong they got a point. Now if I guessed it right and they sang it really good they would win the point back. If I won I have something for them after the program. If they won I have to sing a song all by myself in front of them. Of course with that kind of incentive, they worked really hard and they won. So the Song I will be singing, in 3 weeks, in front of them, all by myself, will be "I Know That My Redeemer Lives".
Now today wasn't the most special because of how good the game went, or how much fun we had, or how well everyone sang. It is because today it hit so hard how special each moment is with these children. For so long I struggled with standing up in front of them and trying to help them learn these songs. Each Sunday as I stood in front of them it was always a blur or a cloud that was in front of me. It protected me from being scared and overwhelmed. Today that blur was gone and I was no longer scared. I was not overwhelmed. I had to hold back tears the entire time I stood in front of them because of how strong the Spirit warmed my entire body. Today my Spirit was lifted to see the faces of the Angels that sing to me each Sunday. I LOVE these ANGELS.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have to say Katie, that I felt today was one of the best singing time's you have done. It was spiritually powerful, simple, fun, interactive, and I noticed that you were so at ease and relaxed. I could have sat there for quite a bit longer playing your game and listening to your testimony about families. Thank you so much for all you are and all you give to the children. They love you...I know that for sure.
I was in shock when I looked at the clock and saw time was GONE...it was a great singing day :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Post a Comment