Tuesday, July 21, 2009

4th on the Lake

7-4-2009
The day started out really nice. Wayne, Pops and I went out on the Lake to go fishing that morning. Pops caught a Blue Gil. I caught a White Bass. Wayne didn't catch anything till we came into dock. While we were out it started to rain and it felt so good. There was cloud cover and a calm lake. I did have another catch that we never got to bring in. Not sure how big it was or what it was. My line was out and all of a sudden I got a tug and then nothing. I looked down at my rod and I had no line left on my rod. So I guess I can say a big one got away with all my line. Yeah right!!

Look I caught one!!
My fish was bigger than both the boys. Of course!
On the 4th of July every year they let off fireworks over the lake. This was the first year I got to experience it. We went out and anchored close to the Dam. Of course I dropped a line in. The clouds filled the sky and a lighting storm began. I got to see the beauty of Heavenly Fathers fireworks again. Something truly I miss.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Sounds really fun and cool. We watched the ones shot off at the Spring Valley Swap Meet, each year, from our front yard.