Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ottoman Project part 3

The ottoman is almost finished.  It is now up in the living room and today I got the hinges in place.  I needed to get them in the right place before I finish it.  There is only one thing left to be done and that putting on the cushion and material.  I have ordered the cushion and it will be here on Friday.  By next week it will be all done and ready to be used as a piece of furniture and not just a box of wood in the living room.
There were two problems that I have had building this size of an item.  Both of them were with the hinges.  Because it is so big trying to find hinges that could hold up is not an easy task.  So we decided that we were only going to put two safety hinges on it and a piano hinge.  The second thing was that I put the piano hinge on the wrong edge of the lid.  Now I have to fix one side that has holes in it.  Since I created the pattern myself and I have enjoyed doing it, No one will know if the holes are supposed to be there or not.  So now it is a question of fix it or cover it up?

1 comment:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

WOW you're amazing! That looks incredible!! Way better than anything you'd spend a fortune for in the store! You're so very talented!