Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter..General Conference...EARTHQUAKE!!!!

What a wonderful weekend we have had.  Saturday we woke up and watched the first session of General Conference.  There have been many times I have sat through Conference and not felt the speakers talking so strongly toward me.  This Conference I felt as though each speaker was talking directly to me.  I sat with my cross stitch in hand to work on while I watched conference and I worked on for maybe 30min the entire time.  After the first session rob and I worked on our garden.  Even though it is not very big it does take a lot of work.  We were only able to plant a few things because of time, but we will finish it up on monday for FHE.
As I sat for the second session my thoughts were wraped around children.  The focus of children is very strong in our home, and while listening to these wonderful General Authorities I could fill my heart overflow with the love that our Heavenly Father has for us and the opportunity we have to share that love with each other. I also thought about the sisters that I am to visit teach and how much I need to take better care in serving them.  It is so important that we take care of each other and give the support that each one needs.
Sunday was a full day of enjoyment.  Rob got up and started on breakfast (which he is very good at), while I got his Easter basket ready.  He had no idea that I was getting him anything and that made it even more fun.  Rob loves the flavor grape.  I had been planning this for about three weeks and so I went to a candy store and went through each individual bin and picked out all the grape ones I could.  I then grabbed a bottle of grape crush and made sure I had everything I needed.  While my sweetheart was in the kitchen I quietly placed his basket in his chair, and then went on to do other things.  When I came back he had a mixed smile and frown on his face.  He was excited to recieve his basket and sad because he didn't get me anything.  I was ok with that, because I love him.
We had a few friends over at the break of Conference to enjoy a good lunch and the last session of Conference.  It was a wonderful lunch.  Becky baked a ham, steamed asparagus and a bunny cake that Gabby helped decorate.  Isabelle brought a very tasty carrot salad.  I provided home made rolls, sweet carrots, deviled eggs, potatoes, neopalitan pastry, and the house.  Everything tasted so wonderful and it was a joy to spend time with our friends on such a special day.  It was also fun to watch gabby as she became more and more comfortable running around with Kumori in her sights.
Just before Isabelle and Seth started to leave thw house started to shake.  At first I thought it was a truck coming down the driveway, but everything kept shaking and it was getting worse.  I was a little scared, but Rob was very excited.  It was the first earthquake that he had felt in 20years.  It was my first as well.  We all jumped out of our chairs and ran to the windows and to the door.  Rob thought it was so cool that his Jeep was visibaly shaking.  I am not sure how long the earthquake lasted, but it was long enough.  It registered at 7.2 about 100 miles from us.  As we sat through it I was scared and yet not enough that I felt we were in danger.  I honestly DON'T want to feel another one, but it made for a good day.

No comments: