Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sad News

The second day Rob and I were on vacation we received news that a good friend of ours, Rodale, had died.  Both of us were taken back by what had happened and didn't know exactly what to do.  We couldn't just go home because it wasn't only our vacation, we had Drew and Becky with us also, plus there was a lot happening with where we were going.  So over the next few days Rob stayed in contact with his work, since he was also Ro's boss.  Rob was planning on going home so that he could be there and also take care of things at work.  Not knowing when and where the funeral was going to be we didn't know when to send Rob home or if he was needing to go.  As always he is a good man and kept track as best he could of everything happening and trying his best to support Ro's family in their loss and our loss.  Rob did get the opprotunity when he got home to go to a memorial and viewing so that he was able to say goodbye.
I felt some of the loss while we were on vacation, but now that I am home I feel the loss more, just because I know he wont be coming over, I wont be receiving his big bear hugs, and no more meeting him and Rob for lunch.  He was a really good friend and always could make me smile.
One of our memories was when he tried to get Kumori to jump and grab a toy, when she couldn't do it and landed on her but his funny comment was "You might have black on you, but you is a white dog"  it was very funny.  He was a very tall and big man who gave a lot and will be very missed.

No comments: