Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Morning

Growing up my parents always had people in our Home.  I remember a few Christmas' when the Elders would come over for Breakfast and we always had something for them.  My Mom always put them to work in the kitchen for two reasons.  So they would have something to do, and so that when they talked to their mom's and were asked if they helped they could say yes.


So I was very excited to carry on the tradition of having Missionaries in our Home for Christmas.  They are away from their families and friends for two Christmas' and need that comfort of having Christmas and not the feeling of being alone for the Holiday.  So Rob and I woke up and did our Christmas gifts for each other and then started on breakfast.  The Elders (the boys) got there and we were still working on breakfast, so of course we had them help.

When they came I told them we didn't have anything for them in the way of gifts because I was to busy, of course that was a lie.  We all sat down and handed out gifts to the boys.  It was fun to watch them tear into toys and food that we had gotten for them.  I think they had a good time, I know our family did.  I am so grateful that we got the opportunity to have the boys who are on the Lords errand in our Home.

3 comments:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

You're such an awesome mama to our missionaries!!! :)

Rob n Katie' said...

Kimberlee Zorad said... Amen, amen amen!! There is just something so sweet about having them around....their spirit, duh! silly me. Well, of course, I knew that! Seriously...it was sooo nice having them here for Christmas. It was only my mom, Beth, Faith and Felicity, Nathan, Dad, them and me,but it was sweet! Hope you have a fantastic New Year!

Prescott family said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! Now that I am a missionary mom I appreciate this so much more!! I hope that next Christmas someone loving & kind like you takes my boy into their home & makes them happy at Christmas! I know they all miss their families even more that time of year. You are a great lady! May God bless you!!
Andrea