I was in the kitchen working on breakfast when the Elders came in and said "Sister Day, there is a humming bird in your window". So I walked into the dinning room and there it sat on the window sil. I looked at it and thought for a moment it was plastic or rubber and the Elders were playing a joke on me. Then one of it's wings started to flutter. It's alive and in our Home. Everyone giving me different ideas of how to get it out, but all I could think of was being calm, talking to it sweetly, and helping it out.
I had all the giggles of a little kid rushing through me and the warmth filling me up as this was the Christmas Spirit saying hello. I walked slowly over to the window pulled the drape around us and moved my hand toward the humming bird. As I did she jumped onto my finger and her wings were still, something I had never seen before. As I walked out onto the porch with this beautiful creature perched on my finger I felt the world disapear. I held my finger out so she could fly away, but she just sat there for a moment. I said in soft tones "Merry Christmas" and she looked at me as if to say the same thing in return and then flew off. It was the greatest gift to recieve. That special little gesture of one of Gods blessings to this Earth. A moment when the fastest moving wings that seem to never stop, stopped for a moment on Christmas just for me. As if to stop time, yet an Eternity to experience the Blessing of Christmas, Life, Love, Hope, Truth, and Our Heavenly Father. Christmas' may blur together, but this one we will never forget.

4 comments:
Isn't San Diego wonderful?!!!
WHat an amazing story and picture! WOW!
Deborah Douangaphaivong said... I just think that is so amazing!!! So unnatural for a hummingbird to do. I'm not surprised it came to visit you...you are just way so cool!
Josephine Tamanalevu said... Katie, shows the peace u have in u, its amazing.what a great experience and reading ur blog, i felt the same feelings that u had.amazing.love u and have a great new year.
Post a Comment