Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A No Stress Night

Tonight was wonderful.  It wasn't very cold outside and it wasn't cold inside either.  Yet tonight we put a fire in the fireplace, ordered a pizza (which we do about once a year) and played a game of chess. 

It wasn't just any game of chess.  It was NO STRESS CHESS!!  I have always wanted to learn chess, but had no one to play with.  So one day I told Rob I would like to learn how to play chess.  So while we were at Barnes and Noble the other night we got it for our game night collection.  This was a great way to learn how to play chess.  The cards help explain how each piece moves and helps with showing you as well.  We played with cards twice till I got the hang of it and then we played a regular game.  I was surprised how much the cards really helped me see and remember how each peice moved.  So when we played a real game (without the cards) it was easier, and I WON!!!  Of course that's mostly because Rob let me and was helping me see the different angles.   

I would recommend getting this game to help teach young kids how to play chess.  It is one we will use later with the kids.  Yes, it really is a NO STRESS CHESS game.

1 comment:

donandbecky said...

We have this game too!!!