I decided it was time to work on the feet for the ottoman today. I went to "Lowe's" and "Home Depot" to find the type of pedestal feet that I wanted to put on the ottoman. Both stores wanted about $9 for just one and I need eight. Four for the ottoman and four for the couch. Neither store had enough to add up to eight, so I had to figure out another way to get them. I went home, looked at all my extra wood, and decided I was going to make my own and save the money for something else. I took pictures of the process just for fun. 1st: They all started out as one block. 2nd: I glued four of them together to make a bigger block. 3rd: they were cut to be round. 4th: The edges were cut. 5th: They were sanded to make them more round. They still need to be sanded a little more and smoothed out. I can say that so far the entire ottoman has been made out of wood that was in my garage. This has been a lot of work, and fun. I rebraced our couch and then added four new pedestall feet to it, and they look pretty good.
One of the problems with living on a hill, is when you are making something round and it rolls down the hill and you have to chase it till it stops. Then of course you have to walk back up the hill and fix all the nicks in whatever your working on. I am just grateful I didn't have to make another one.


No comments:
Post a Comment