Monday, March 15, 2010

Saving Angels and Weeds

Our family is so blessed to have the Gospel in our lives and that there are some wonderful Missionaries that are a part of that.  Our yard is a good size and of course it is all on a slope.  Because of the rains we get out here in the desert all that grows are weeds.  Rob has been trying for years to grow something other than weeds on the slopes of our yard, but the soil is so bad that it has not yet worked.  Before he left on this last trip there were a few weeds and it was all green.  I really miss having green around, so he decided to let the green weeds hang out a little longer before they would turn brown.  He was hoping to get home and get them pulled, but his work trip was extended once again. 
I looked out the window and thought I can do this, I can take care of the weeds.  I have done it the past couple of years, so I can do it now, I was wrong.  I tried working on them and was doing a good job.  Then I hurt my wrist really bad after taking care of the air filter on my car (that's another story).  This made it almost impossible for me to pull the weeds.  I can do a few things with one hand, but climbing up the side of a few hills and pulling weeds is not one of them.  I wasn't really sure what I was going to do.  I wanted to get the yard done as a gift to my hardworking boyfriend.  Yet it looked as though it wasn't going to happen.
Then came a knock at my door.  It was the wonderful Missionaries out on the Lords errand.  They decided to stop by and see if there was anything I needed.  My heart started to burn, they came at the perfect time.  I wanted so badly to get the yard done before my sweet Rob got home.  Elder Moss and Elder Hiskey have been my saving Angels. They have come over twice to help pull the weeds in this big yard.  They would come and we would have lunch out on the porch and discuss many different topics, then they would get to work.  They have done an awsome job and the yard looks better.  I have been so grateful that these wonderful Elders are so in tune with the Spirit and follow it's promptings.  What a beautiful Gospel we have. 

No comments: