Tonight I had the opportunity to go to the Activity Girls Night. I really had a lot of fun and enjoyed seeing the girls. They had kareoke set up and some of the girls were so funny to watch. I was amazed at the talent these girls have. Not only in their singing abilities, but also in their comedic talent.
As I sat and watched them I realized how much I don't fully know about the things kids watch, listen to, or know about. As the mothers sat and talked with each other about these things I came to the understanding that I am going to need to start studying what kinds of things kids are learning today.
I have always known that I was going to be learning new things with having kids in our Home, yet I didn't fully realize how much I was going to have to learn before they even showed up. It would be different if they were our birth children because we would learn together as they grew. Yet because they will be coming at different ages we have to take a crash course some how before that happens. This is so we aren't clueless, or look stupid when they arrive.
I am so glad I stayed tonight. I had a great time.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ooooohhhhh, you're in for a real treat!
Post a Comment