I have never been to the San Diego Zoo before yesterday. It's not something I really cared to do
by myself, but I always wanted to go. So when my Sister-in-law (Diana) and her partner (Patti) came in to town this week and wanted to go I was all for it. I had so much fun and it was the perfect weather for it.
I am really into photography so I took about 450 pictures. I'm sure I could have taken more, but some of the animals were not out because of construction, or because it was to hot for them. Yet the pictures I got were pretty fun. I think I will put together a book about this trip.
It was nice to get to know Diana a little bit. I had only spent a little time with her, like about 2 hours, before Rob and I got married, and then I moved out to CA. It's hard having all this new family that I married into and not be able to get to know them because they all live back in MO. So I have truly enjoyed getting to know her.
Even with all the leg problems I have I did really good and didn't ache to bad when we were done. I had to rest every once in a while when we climbed the hills to the sky tram. Of course that gave me the time I needed to get more pictures. Even though my legs are doing fine, my sinuses on the hand have decided to not co-cooperate to well. I now have a sinus cold.
I really enjoyed the Zoo. I have never seen an escalator in a Zoo before. Diana wanted to get a picture of us going up it, I almost fell over trying to turn around.
I love animals and how different their personalities can be, and yet how similar they are to us. I mean come on who wouldn't love that smile? What a great adventure.

2 comments:
I love the zebra picture and have to show Sean. Zebra's are Sean's favorite animal.
Hey I'll try and post some pics too!- I did get a good one of you and pattie on the escalator- I am still new at this blog thing but will try to add to it soon- Love ya- We had a great time too! Diana
Post a Comment